Faegre Baker Daniels has an opportunity for a Sourcing Manager to work with our Technology Administration team in our Minneapolis office. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to all manners of service engagements on behalf of the Firm. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
• Oversee the acquisition and ongoing management of various vendor-provided services
• Manage the ongoing Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription landscape to deliver consistent, needed service to the Firm, while minimizing costs and security risks
• Manage the day-to-day engagement and use of third-party consulting services
• Negotiate pricing and project/engagement terms with the chosen suppliers, ensuring that the final engagement documents align with the project goals
• Assist the Vendor Management team in reviewing and evaluating the ongoing performance of the Firm’s strategic vendors
• Ensure that pre-contract due diligence is performed
• Oversee the ongoing evaluation of service provider costs against the Firm’s budget expectations, and collaborate with Firm resources to monitor the budget requirements with respect to vendor agreements
What we would expect from you:
• Strong commitment to client service
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple high-priority projects at one time
• Critical thinking, analytical and observational skills
• Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including cross-office
• Ability to problem solve and use sound judgement
• Sufficient mathematical skills to develop and support budget planning/forecast process, along with other assessments and reports
• Ability to speak and write in a way that is clear, concise, substantive, well-organized and appropriate to the audience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment
• Positive and professional demeanor
What you could expect from us:
• Paid time for firm-sponsored volunteer events
• On-site wellness and fitness programs
• Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their field
• Variety of health plan options, as well as dental and vision plans
• Generous paid time off
• Business casual attire
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
• Juris Doctor degree strongly preferred. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in management, computer science or a related field.
• 3+ years of experience in technology sourcing. Experience with legal application and technologies specific to the practice of law preferred.
• Exceptional contract negotiation and legal drafting skills are required.
• Knowledge of intellectual property concerns, current best practices and common procurement tools.
Faegre Baker Daniels is dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.