Rent Stabilized, Construction & DHCR Experience a MUST
Portfolio based in Yonkers, Bronx & NYC
5-10 years’ experience a MUST
Day-to-day responsibilities for this role will include Property Management. The Property Manager candidate will report into the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Investment Officer and Acquisitions Manager(s) and assist in all aspects of property-level operating activities and strategies for the Company’s residential portfolio of multi-family properties located in the NYC Tristate. Responsibilities include financial reporting and overseeing assets in the portfolio. This candidate will also work actively with the Acquisitions team to assist with new acquisitions and in the due diligence process. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in residential property management and rent-stabilized properties, including deciphering financial data. The ideal candidate is able to work independently with minimal supervision and is able to thrive in an environment that is highly entrepreneurial, both strategic and creative, and which requires rapid learning, multitasking and prioritizing under tight deadlines.
· Review and analyze monthly property financial statements; write standard monthly reports and maintain plans and actions. Conduct various analyses of accounting reporting, real estate taxes, risk management, property information, reviewing annual budgets, and raising awareness of performance concerns. etc.
· Perform onsite property visits and conduct property reviews to evaluate performance.
· Monitor/track construction progress, budget, and cost over runs, along with approving any changing orders and construction draws.
· Oversee any tenant legal proceedings. Help identify problems and opportunities to formulate and execute plans on uncovering cases related to non-payment, illegal, and fraudulent activity at the property and/or tenant level.
· Administer the lease administration process including monitor leases, management agreements, etc. to protect ownership rights and ensure contract compliance.
· Abstract management contracts and monitor key approvals.
· Support risk management functions and act as liaison for properties with Risk Management team and/or insurance brokers.
Qualifications & Skills
· 7-10-15 years of relevant experience in multi-family property management in NYS.
· Prior experience with NYC rent stabilized properties, outer borough experience is a MUST. Acquisitions knowledge/experience is highly desirable.
· Understanding of NYC multifamily rental properties, including the outer-boroughs.
· Strong knowledge of NYC housing court proceedings and rent stabilization laws.
· Strong analytical skills and quantitative skills and highly skilled in financial analysis.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with proficiency in Excel and Yardi
· Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex business documents including leases, financial reports, and contracts.
· Demonstrated ability to identify errors, problems and opportunities.
· Demonstrated problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate and work with various departments within the Company.
· Effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Highly-organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and able to multi-task effectively in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail.
· Willingness to travel.
· Bilingual Spanish a plus (not essential).
· Ability to work within a team and communicate effectively
· Ability to problem-solve and think creatively when faced with new subject material
· Strong work ethic
· Must be willing to work additional hours as needed to complete deadline driven projects
· Ability to quickly and rapidly understand business plans and determine feasibility based on available data.
· Must be willing to submit to a background check
· Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States & a valid NYS driver’s license
· Oversee all building operations and mechanical systems
· Operate within property budget
· Update all Property Handbooks annually and create annual calendars per building
· Create and distribute monthly management reports
· Oversee construction projects
· Track and approve all work orders
· Implement cost saving and revenue increasing initiatives
· Address all resident and vendor related issues
· Observe curb appeal, lobby, basements and work production by supers
· Appear to all L & T Court dates as requested by attorney
· Approve all purchase orders
· Excel, Word, Outlook & Yardi Property Management Software
· Extensive unit construction renovation experience
· Bachelors of Science Degree, 4 years College or experience in related field
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, salary and benefit requirements to Mark Silver-Chief Operating Officer
Only resumes that have the requested information will be considered. Absolutely No phone calls. Trion Real Estate Management, 829 Midland Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10704
Trion Real Estate Management? is a leading residential property management company and owner in NY and CT.? At Trion we believe that we are only as good as our employees and we contribute our success, in large part, to them. Our employees work as a team, think “outside the box”, and take pride in their position. Our goal is to reward their efforts with competitive pay, benefits, professional growth and development opportunities.?