Crowell and Moring's Professional Development is seeking to hire a Manager, Diversity & Inclusion.
This position can be based out of either of the firm's LA, OC, NY of DC offices.
The Diversity & Inclusion Manager will work closely with the firm’s Diversity Council, the Professional Development team, the Legal Recruiting team, leaders of affinity groups, partners and other managers in human resources to support the firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion efforts. The Diversity & Inclusion Manager will focus on executing upon specific strategies to embed diversity, inclusion and cultural competency into the firm’s day-to-day operations, including in training, hiring, retention, and education for both the firm’s attorney and staff population.
• Implements diversity initiatives as set by the Senior Director of Diversity & Professional Development and Diversity Council (e.g., the firm’s sponsorship initiative, unconscious bias training, heritage month celebrations and bi-annual diversity retreat, etc.) to benefit both attorneys and staff.
• Collaborates with Legal Recruiting department to manage the firm’s diversity recruiting efforts by identifying and applying current best practices in diversity recruitment to enhance the firm’s ability to effectively recruit and retain a diverse pool of attorneys.
• Collaborates with the Professional Development department to implement specific processes and plans to develop and retain attorneys of color, LGBT attorneys, female attorneys and other under-represented attorneys. This includes ensuring the firm’s staffing reflects the firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion and designing and implementing networking, mentorship, sponsorship, and both formal and informal training opportunities.
• Serves as liaison between the firm’s Diversity Council and various affinity groups, to ensure the activities and focus of the affinity groups (including the Women’s Attorney Network (“WAN”)) are communicated appropriately within the firm, and that the affinity groups are properly supported, particularly in terms of regular meetings, events and broader initiatives
• Monitors progress made on the firm’s diversity goals by utilizing metrics, feedback from internal affinity groups, and maintaining and actively monitoring diversity hiring and attrition statistics.
• Collaborates with the firm’s marketing and business development team on the communication of the firm’s diversity commitment and activities on the firm’s intranet, website, and other publications, and in response to client requests for proposals.
• Manages the firm’s participation in and response to industry surveys regarding diversity and inclusion, RFPs, and related instruments in response to client inquiries.
• In collaboration with Senior Director of Diversity & Professional Development manages a diversity and inclusion budget encompassing sponsorships and other programs with regular assessment of external sponsorships and related expenditures to ascertain return on investment.
• Serves as primary resource to the Diversity Council and the Senior Director of Diversity & Professional Development with respect to implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality client service to internal and external contacts regarding routine and complex matters, and to develop and maintain effective business relationships with people of diverse backgrounds. Requires tact, patience, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, and to make presentations to small and large groups in an effective manner.
• Ability to pay impeccable attention to detail.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Suite to produce quality written communications, including presentations and advanced functions of Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic and complex environment, meeting deadlines and successfully managing the daily workload.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a cooperative manner to accomplish work and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to represent the firm with professionalism and honesty, consistently acting in an ethical manner.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree; J.D. or advanced degree is preferred.
The position requires a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience in a law firm or similar professional services environment, during which the knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.
Crowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.