Full-time associate attorney, primarily focusing on affirmative immigration benefits applications, removal defense, and federal litigation. The associate attorney will be responsible for representation of clients before the USCIS, ICE, CBP, Immigration Courts, Board of Immigration Appeals, federal district courts, federal circuit courts of appeals, and Department of State.
· Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in immigration law, particularly in complicated family-based cases, criminal immigration, asylum, and removal defense.
· Excellent writing, editing, legal analysis, and oral presentation skills.
· Strong work ethic, ability to work as a self-starter, and ability to work independently.
· Current bar membership in good standing for any state in the United States or the District of Columbia.
· Second language fluency, preferably Spanish.
· Prior experience supervising staff members.
· Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits include health insurance premium paid up to $400/month, annual attorney license fees, AILA dues, National Immigration Project dues, Chicago Bar Association or Illinois State Bar Association due, 12 days of sick/medical leave per year, vacation time, and medical and personal flex days.
About Maria Baldini-Potermin & Associates, P.C.
Maria Baldini-Potermin & Associates, P.C. is a small firm located in downtown Chicago. We focus on removal defense, family-based immigration, consular processing, humanitarian relief, waivers, federal litigation, and immigration consequences of criminal dispositions.