ArcelorMittal USA is part of ArcelorMittal, the world’s leading steel and mining company. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, we are a leading supplier of quality steel products in major North American markets including automotive, construction, pipe and tube, appliance, container and machinery. ArcelorMittal USA employs more than 18,000 people at 27 operations across the United States.
The company is looking to recruit and hire the best future leaders in Finance as ArcelorMittal continues to grow. There is an immediate opportunity for a Manager position in our Tax group.
Our objective is to provide opportunities for professional growth while maintaining work-life balance. We are looking for an individual who is committed to contribute to goal achievement in a positive and proactive working environment. The Tax Manager works with the Tax Director and Tax Analysts to manage the ArcelorMittal USA property tax activities for real estate and tangible personal property in 14 states. The primary responsibility is leading a centralized group in the attainment of the lowest property tax expense in accordance with the law, company policy, and professional standards. Additional responsibilities for the position include the following:
· Sustain a performance-driven culture through personal effort and by example; and by managing the engagement, performance, and development of direct reports;
· Proactively conduct and oversee property tax planning activities to minimize tax expense that includes research, interpretation of laws, asset cost or value determination, and obtaining available tax incentives;
· Ensure the property tax cycle is completed timely and accurately using OneSource software and by supervising: data preparation, tax return processing and review, audits and appeals, tax bill payment processing, general ledger expense and liability accounting, and tax expense forecasting;
· Manage real estate taxes through assessment analysis, determining the costs, benefits and risks of filing appeals, evaluating and engaging outside legal and valuation experts, ensuring all relevant information is identified and disseminated, and by participating in both negotiations with officials, and in court proceedings;
· Report routinely to the Director and executive management to obtain strategic guidance, authorization to act, and to maintain effective lines of communication;
· Collaborate and network with operating and other administrative departments for cross-functional information acquisition and knowledge sharing;
· Monitor, maintain and improve tax department systems and processes to ensure compliance with established internal control requirements;
· Pursue innovation and best practices by establishing a personal development program that includes membership and participation in a professional ad valorem tax organization;
· Travel up to 20% (~50 days per year) within the US; and
· Other duties and responsibilities as may be required.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field
· 10 years of property tax experience, including two (2) in a management role. Experience should include both real and personal property taxes, the three approaches to value, identifying obsolescence, evaluating equalization, audit and appeal activities, managing tax analysts, and working directly with fee appraisers, tax attorneys and tax consultants
· Project leadership experience in high-value property tax work
· Strong technical, organizational, analytical, communication and learning skills
· Certified Member (CMI) of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation; or,
· Certified Assessment Evaluator (CAE) - International Assoc. of Assessing Officers
· Master’s degree in taxation, accounting, finance, business, law, or a related field
· Controversy resolution including negotiating experience
· Financial or managerial accounting experience
· Steel industry or heavy manufacturing experience
An interested applicant may apply for this position directly on the following website:
For questions regarding this job posting or how to apply, please contact Alissa Rosario, Process Manager - Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
About ArcelorMittal USA LLC
ArcelorMittal USA is part of ArcelorMittal, the world’s leading steel and mining company. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, we are a leading supplier of quality steel products in major North American markets including automotive, construction, pipe and tube, appliance, container and machinery. ArcelorMittal USA employs more than 20,000 people at 27 operations across the United States.