Under the direct supervision of the Labor & Employment Attorneys, and according to established policies and procedures, the Immigration & Global Mobility Assistant provides administrative support to the legal staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports the legal staff including, but not limited to, the following:
a. Maintain client files, draft and proofread immigration application forms, assemble the supporting documentation, prepare the Supporting Documentation Index for visa applications, confer with foreign Consulates, as needed, initiate and monitor the labor market test for labor certification petitions, updating information and uploading documents into an immigration case management system (Lawlogix), processing incoming and outgoing correspondence, requesting checks, submitting invoices, and preparing client intakes on a daily basis.
b. Duties may also include supporting immigration attorney(s) by answering phones, entering time, maintaining calendars, coordinating meetings, conference calls and travel, and preparing expense reports as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must have a university degree with strong writing and communication skills to provide a high-level of client service.
2. Ability to prioritize workload, meet strict deadlines and to interact effectively with professionals from diverse cultural backgrounds as well as in-house counsel and H.R. professionals is a must.
3. Must be detail-oriented to ensure the highest level of accuracy and be able to multi-task.
4. Prior relevant immigration/law office experience is a plus but not required. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
5. Ability to interact with clients professionally via e-mail or telephone on a regular basis.
About Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
You don’t need more lawyers, you need the right lawyers. You deserve to work with a firm that offers integrity, reliability and a personal commitment to finding the right solutions for the challenges and opportunities you face every day. You’ve come to the right place. Barnes & Thornburg attorneys take the time to learn about you and your business. We staff matters with small, close-knit teams led by a fully involved attorney who will keep you informed every step of the way. Our innovative, entrepreneurial spirit continues to attract top legal talent from across the country. We keep a watchful eye on controlling legal costs and craft effective fee structures. Simply put, our value-driven approach is what you should expect in your law firm. Today, this is more important than ever.