Statewide association seeks experienced attorney to serve as our Chief Legal Officer to provide legal services to the Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers and related entities.
The Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers (FCCC) is a statewide, non-profit member association with the mission of improving the ability of the Florida Clerks & Comptrollers to effectively and efficiently serve the citizens of the state through the education of elected officers and staff, legislative action and public awareness of the role and function of the office.
Please visit us at www.flclerks.com.
The Chief Legal Officer will: • Serve as a member of the FCCC Senior Management Team; work collaboratively with other Chief Officers in support of the priorities of the Executive Committees and Boards.
• Provide expert, accurate, and timely legal advice to FCCC and related entities’ Executive Committees, Boards of Directors and management.
• Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems for FCCC and related entities’ Executive Committees, Boards of Directors and management.
• Draft, review, revise, negotiate, approve and maintain all agreements, contracts, procurement documents (RFP, ITN etc.) and other legal documents.
• Monitor changes to statutes, administrative rules and case law for member impact; conduct legal research and prepare written opinions and correspondence as appropriate.
• Direct, supervise, assist and support any assigned staff in the preparation and completion of their responsibilities.
• Advise FCCC and related entities’ Executive Committees, Boards of Directors and management on matters related to labor and employment law including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA, ADA and Title VII.
• Serve as the internal compliance officer; review, revise and propose policies and procedures in consultation with senior leaders and the Executive Committee.
• Oversee the selection, retention, management and evaluation of outside counsel. Monitor the legal services provided by outside counsel and act as co-counsel as appropriate.
• Collaborate with and facilitate communication between in-house and outside counsel for member Clerks.
• Provide legal advice and representation to individual member Clerks for matters of statewide importance upon approval of the Executive Committee.
• Communicate, coordinate and negotiate with counsel for business partners such as the E-Filing Authority, the Florida Investment Trust and the Office of the State Courts Administrator.
• Attend a variety of meetings and conferences to provide support for FCCC and related entities’ boards and committees; provide regular legal updates to the Executive Committees.
• Develops and maintains meaningful professional contacts with local, state and federal attorneys, appointed and elected officials and their staffs, as appropriate.
• Prepare presentations on timely legal topics and present at conferences for the benefit of member Clerks and their staff.
This position requires 15% travel within the state of Florida. This position will be expected to work extended hours, including weekends and evenings as necessary.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience practicing law.
o Board Certification in City, County and Local Government Law is preferred.
• Employment law experience is preferred.
• Experience working in a senior role with a non-profit or trade association is preferred.
• Experience with the Florida Legislature and legislative process is preferred.
• Familiarity with the role of the Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers is preferred.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $110,000 commensurate with experience.
We offer a robust and comprehensive benefits package and a great working environment. This position is physically housed in our Tallahassee, Florida office. Relocation assistance is not available. Salary depends upon experience.
E-mail resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Salary requirements MUST be included for consideration.
Additional Salary Information: Relocation assistance is not available.
Salary depends upon experience.
The Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers is a statewide, non-profit member association with the mission of improving the ability of the Florida Clerks & Comptrollers to effectively and efficiently serve the citizens of the state through the education of elected officers and staff, legislative action and public awareness of the role and function of the office. Please visit us at www.flclerks.com to learn more about the Court Clerks and Comptrollers.