Belhaven University, a Christian university committed to the ministry of integrating biblical truth and learning, is searching for the ideal candidate for a full-time, tenure-track position in the School of Business who has the heart for Christ Jesus and students at the Jackson, Mississippi campus.
Responsibilities include teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in Business Law, Business Ethics, and Human Resource Management within the Business Administration program during the day, in the evening, and in online formats. Graduate teaching in Public Administration Law and Public Administration Ethics is also required. High-quality academic advising to traditional and adult learners is essential, which would include those students interested in law as a career.
J.D. required from an ABA approved law school with a passing score on the State Bar Exam. MBA and/or experience in Human Resource Management are also important qualifications. Full-time or part-time college level teaching experience is preferred, as well as at least 5 - 10 years’ experience as an attorney in the private or public sector. Ability to write and revise curriculum is a must.
Compensation and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University supplements major medical insurance. A 403b retirement plan is available for eligible employees to contribute pre-tax dollars with Belhaven University matching up to 8% of annual salary.
- Letter of intent, including explanation of your interest in Christian higher education, and how your background fulfills each of the Responsibilities and Requirements described above
- Three to four paragraph statement of how you would integrate the Biblical worldview into all instructional content
- Describe your personal faith in a non-creedal form
- Describe how you are active currently in a local church
- Names of four references (including your local pastor) - please provide phone numbers, addresses, and nature of relationship
- Transcripts (all undergraduate and graduate)
- List any licenses or certifications
SEND TO: Lori Farmer, Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President and Provost, Belhaven University, 1500 Peachtree Street, Campus Box 164, Jackson, MS 39202 or EMAIL: email@example.com