This role is located in our Singapore Office and will involve:
* Assuming active involvement in and leadership in the management of an assigned portfolio of legal disputes that have a significant impact upon the Group including:
(a) civil litigation and arbitration proceedings; and
(b) contentious regulatory, criminal and government enquiries, investigations and proceedings.
* Developing effective strategies on the conduct of such disputes, liaising with external legal counsel where appropriate and critically assessing advice received and implementing the agreed strategy.
* Providing effective and regular advice and communication to key internal and external stakeholders regarding the agreed upon strategy and management of disputes.
* Identifying legal risks relating to disputes and their outcomes globally and working with internal stakeholders to ensure the effective mitigation and management of such risks.
* Providing training, advice and assistance on the implementation of best practice in relation to managing disputes.
* Qualified to practice as a solicitor or barrister in England & Wales and/or Hong Kong and/or Singapore and/or another Common Law jurisdiction and/or as an attorney qualified in New York
* 4 - 6 years' PQE with dispute resolution experience in private practice or in house financial institution with experience of handling complex, cross-border disputes involving significant amounts in issue
* Excellent analytical skills, to review the background facts and identify the key legal issues raised by disputes
* Sound judgment and problem solving skills - leveraging a combination of technical, legal abilities and common sense to manage complex disputes
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong case management and organisational skills, including disciplined approach towards timelines and tracking all steps required in order to implement the strategic approach
* Ability to assimilate large amount of information
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and across all areas
* Must be prepared to travel from time to time
* Ability to work under pressure and retain control of multiple concurrent workstreams
* Ability to work unsupervised with drive and self-motivation; ability to organise and priotise proactively
* Business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), strong interpersonal skills and multi cultural awareness and sensitivity.
* Ability to collaborate, deploy strong interpersonal skills and work dynamically across country, region, business and group stakeholders, and to work to different needs of different stakeholder groups
* Understanding of the key features of relevant laws and regulations relevant to cases under management
* High level of integrity and professionalism
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.