Paralegal -Performs paralegal functions in support of assigned attorneys and staff.
Eligible for our full-time benefits package!
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
· Performs paralegal functions in support of, and at the direction of, assigned attorneys and staff.
· Reviews, analyzes, and prepares documents, including correspondence, regulatory and compliance documents, contracts, reports, policies, pleadings, and discovery materials.
· Performs legal research using print and digital sources into Colorado laws, federal health care laws, regulatory and accreditation agency standards and guidance.
· Analyzes and summarizes research findings and document reviews to arrive at legal conclusions/recommendations.
· Communicates with internal and external contacts to provide case coordination, to gather and provide information, and to manage deadlines.
· Implements, develops, and/or maintains departmental databases, including databases for forms, contracts, compliance, research, and billing.
· Track both state and federal legislation of interest to UCHealth-from introduction and through the legislative process.
· Provide research and analysis on legislation-proposed changes in current law and potential impact on UCHealth.
· Prepare periodic updated reports on legislation being tracked, including updates on amendments, votes, and other actions on key legislation.
· Prepare updated fact sheets, position statements and possible testimony on legislation.
· Draft comment letters and correspondence with state legislators or members of Congress (mostly Colorado Delegation) regarding issues of interest to UCHealth.
· Provide internal communication on potential issues with key internal leadership, "stakeholders" impacted administrative or clinical departments to obtain input on the potential impact to those areas of UCHealth.
· All of the above may also apply to addressing potential issues at local government levels (city/town councils or county commissions) in jurisdictions where UCHealth facilities or proposed facilities are or may be located.
Bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies, or a Bachelor's degree and graduate of a paralegal certificate program.
Skills and Abilities
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.