Banner & Witcoff, a recognized leader in the practice of intellectual property law, is seeking a Communications Systems Administrator in the Washington, DC office to configure and maintain enterprise-class applications for the organization. The ideal candidate possesses a strong knowledge of Exchange 2016, Skype for Business and Avaya Phone Systems. Prior experience in a law firm, IP environment, or professional office environment is preferred but not required. Candidates must be detail oriented, and must have strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills. They work as a member of a larger IT team and report directly to the Director of IT.
Strategy & Planning
· Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near and long-term initiatives
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to application configuration, licensing, processes, training materials and maintenance records
· Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for administration, usage, and disaster recovery
· Develop and deploy methodologies for testing application performance and providing application performance statistics and reports
Acquisition & Deployment
· Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of applications across the organization’s network
· Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
· Manage and ensure effectiveness of all applications, including e-mail, Skype for Business and Avaya Phone Systems, and their associated dependencies
· Manage and ensure optimal operation of all applications to include appropriate and timely patching of security updates
· Approve and administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights
· Responsible for ensuring all documentation is current
· This position requires some desktop support to include escalated after-hours Help Desk requests
Knowledge & Experience
· Minimum of five years’ experience configuring and maintaining enterprise-class applications, including Exchange 2016 and Skype for Business.
· Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office
· Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
· Desktop imaging
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Conduct research into products as required
· Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
· Present ideas in user-friendly language
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Keen attention to detail
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong customer service skills
· On-call availability as needed
· Sitting for extended periods of time
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers and peripherals
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. is an intellectual property law firm with more than 110 attorneys and agents, and 98 years of practice providing legal counsel and representation to the world’s most innovative companies. Please include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
Banner & Witcoff is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. The Firm will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, age, mental or physical disability, legal citizenship or any other status protected by law.