If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
LIABILITY CLAIMS TRAINEE PROGRAM
The Utica National trainee program will prepare you for a career in General Liability Claims. This is a 10 week program in New Hartford, NY where you will receive training to best position you for success
Training Location: New Hartford, NY – Start Date: September 2019. Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm EST
Final assignment location: A regional office location from the geographic location where candidates are sourced from. Duluth GA, Utica NY, Amherst, Woodbury NY.
Upon successful completion of the training program (including proficiency exams/supervisor approval) you will receive a promotion to Claims Specialist II, and work in a Low Severity Claims Unit before moving to your Regional Liability Unit, with a promotion to Senior Claims Specialist.
Delivering best-in-class claims service in an efficient and compassionate manner, and with an uncompromising focus on our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Adjust first and third party Property and Casualty claims.
2. Communicate directly with insureds, claimants, witnesses, attorneys, garages, contractors, medical providers and others, by telephone and through written correspondence. Correspond with Home Office and other field adjusters. Document investigation in Utica’s claim system.
3. Conduct timely investigations, interview individuals, secure recorded and signed statements, check and verify damages, obtain police reports, motor vehicle reports, repair bills, estimates, appraisals, wage statements, medical reports and bills, photographs, diagrams, and other information pertinent to the investigation.
4. Review and analyze insurance policies and endorsements on less complicated matters to determine if coverage is afforded. Send basic Reservation of Rights letters involving questionable coverage and Disclaimer letters for no coverage claims where appropriate.
5. Evaluate exposure and set and adjust monetary incurreds to reflect most likely outcome within requisite authority level.
6. Determine liability, review injury and treatment information, evaluate all documentation and prepare claim for settlement evaluation.
7. Negotiate and settle justified claims for the proper amount supported by the investigation. Secure releases and/or proofs of loss, issue settlement check or deny unjustified claims.
8. Maintain claim file diaries that promote timely investigation and file resolution.
9. Identify and pursue all subrogation opportunities and involve SIU in any claim where fraud is suspected.
10. Review, study and adhere to Utica’s claim handling practices, policy coverages, procedures, civil and motor vehicle laws, bulletins, court decisions and attend company sponsored training.
11. Comply with all applicable state Insurance Department regulations.
12. Obtain and/or maintain state license(s) or certification(s) as needed.
13. Consult with supervisor on claims involving questionable liability, coverage issues, evaluation of damages and settlements exceeding authority. Adhere to directives and instruction from supervisor and superiors.
Four year degree or equivalent experience preferred.
0-2 years Insurance claims experience preferred.
10 week Paid Training will be located at the Home Office in New Hartford, NY. Company will cover cost of travel, and stay.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
Flexible spending accounts
Vision care coverage
Paid Time-Off (PTO)
Paid Volunteer Day
Employee and Dependent life insurance
Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Credit Union membership
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Internal Number: 26925
About Utica National Insurance Group
If a claim happens, you want to know that the company you have trusted to offer you protection will be there for you. At Utica National, over 1,200 employees countrywide take our corporate promise to heart every day: To make people feel secure, appreciated, and respected.
While we had humble beginnings in 1914, today the Utica National Insurance Group is an award-winning, nationally recognized organization providing personal and commercial insurance products and services.
We are proud to sell our products through more than 2,200 independent insurance agents around the country as we have been since 1928. These agents provide their clients with valuable insight and resources. And, as the second-largest insurer of Agents’ Errors and Omissions (E&O) business in the United States, we insure many of the agents who work with our policyholders.
Together, with our agents, we are committed to providing our mutual policyholders with valuable services and products to help them feel secure.