Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide mortgage clients sound mortgage advice based on a full understanding of client needs as well as BB&T Mortgage products and their benefits.
2. Execute effective mortgage sourcing plans and strategies through internal Community Bank referrals, inbound 1-800 client inquiries, outbound mortgage phone sales, and other sales activities to meet or exceed agreed upon personal mortgage production goals and pre-set minimum standards.
3. Execute consistently on BB&T’s referral process (IRM) by introducing mortgage clients to other Bank services for cross-sell opportunities.
4. Assist Mortgage Loan Administration with client and attorney follow-up as determined through quality control or post-closing review.
5. Execute on expanded Consumer Direct mortgage sales opportunities as they arise.
6. Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of BB&T Mortgage strategies, policies and procedures, as well as secondary market investor’s guidelines utilized by the Bank (to include Government Sponsored Entity (GSE) and portfolio).
7. Adhere to and comply fully with any and all BB&T policies and procedures related to internal and external rules and regulations, particularly those established by state and federal law.
8. Provide mortgage clients with knowledge about mortgage products and appropriate consultation about the best mortgage product for the client based on a full understanding of the client’s needs and goals.
9. Consistently execute at the highest level on BB&T’s Perfect Client Experience by thoroughly setting client expectations about the processing, timing, pricing, and servicing of their mortgage loan.
10. Support teammates to shepherd the client’s loan request through the fulfillment process.
11. Execute outbound sales calling activities on a daily basis.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma, or equivalent education and related training
2. Two years of experience in banking and/or lending environment with basic knowledge of residential property types
3. Basic to intermediate knowledge of state and federal mortgage regulations
4. Good organizational skills
5. Excellent attention to detail
6. High sense of urgency in following up with clients and teammates throughout the loan process
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
8. Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills
11. Demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
12. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
13. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
14. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS acceptable background check
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, or related field of study
2. Three years of experience in residential mortgage lending with a strong knowledge of the mortgage industry and a clear understanding of all applicable state and federal mortgage regulations
3. Completion of elective training curriculum in Mortgage Lending
4. Prior mortgage sales contact center experience
5. Proficiency in a second language
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
Internal Number: R0011546
At BB&T, we believe our associates are our most valuable asset. We operate on the principle that each individual is capable of having a positive impact on the organization. This belief has allowed BB&T to evolve into one of the financial service industry’s top performers.
BB&T is much more than a bank. Building on a long tradition of excellence in community banking, BB&T offers a wide range of financial services including retail and commercial banking, investments, insurance, wealth management, asset management, mortgage, corporate banking, capital markets and specialized lending. Based in Winston-Salem, N.C., BB&T has more than 35,000 associates and operates more than 2,100 financial centers in 15 states and Washington, D.C. A Fortune 500 company, BB&T was recognized as one of Forbes' 2017 Best Banks in America and is consistently recognized for outstanding client service by Greenwich Associates for small business and middle market banking. Our success as an organization is based on the vision, mission and values that comprise the BB&T philosophy. Adhering to this philosophy will lead you, the individual, and us, as an organization, to create the best financial organization possible.
We invite you to join our winning team at BB&T!