Greiner Consulting Group, the gold standard in the career management field within the legal profession, is looking to fill a Career Coach & Counselor position in our New York City office. This is a special opportunity to join a growing company with an elite team of coaches working with a client base of AmLaw100 firms and leading companies. Led by the original founder, Greiner Consulting Group has a 28-year track record of success. We attract energetic and talented professionals who are looking for an exciting opportunity to apply their skills, insights, and expertise to a broad and ever-expanding array of talent initiatives.
· Serve as career counselor, transition advisor, and coach to attorneys and other law firm professionals, primarily on the East Coast
· Provide career counseling, advice, and direction, with a particular focus on driving the overall strategy of the job search, for attorneys in transition
· Help attorneys develop, produce, and closely edit a large array of written materials including resumes, cover letters, email correspondence, applications, etc.
· Conduct interview strategy, preparation, and mock interviews
· Counsel attorneys on networking - utilizing both social media platforms and traditional methods
· Work closely with the Greiner Consulting team members in support of each client’s progress
· Guide lawyers to explore alternative career options, as well as advising on short- and long-term career goals
· Coach attorneys on topics including organization and time management, leadership, management, and delegation, communication, and client relations and business development
· Work with the team on the development of training modules and other programming
· Manage RFP process, create presentations and workshops, prepare slides and materials, deliver and facilitate speeches and seminars
· Contribute to project team when Greiner Consulting is engaged on HR/PD in-firm projects
· Attend industry events, and oftentimes facilitate or participate on panel discussions with industry and subject matter experts
· Manage calendar impeccably, drive the communication and appointments with case load of attorneys
· Regional travel is required, and national travel is occasionally necessary
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including company-funded health insurance and 401K plan.
Our team includes a talented and especially collaborative group of diverse professionals. We are dedicated to ongoing training and development for our coaches and are committed to the highest standards of excellence for both our clients and our team. Ours is an opportunity to make a powerful impact on the lives of the individual attorneys and professionals with whom we work. We seek a career-focused professional, with a flexible, “roll up your sleeves” approach, who is interested in growing with us.
If you are interested in joining with our collective of strategic thinkers, masterful attorney coaches, trainers, and project managers, please visit www.greinerconsulting.com and email your resume to: email@example.com.
· High degree of coachability and demonstrated commitment to learning
· Experience in coaching, counseling, recruitment, law school career services, or human resources in the legal industry required
· Former practicing attorneys, law school career counselors, and certified coaches experienced in working with lawyers strongly preferred
· Keen understanding of career development issues effecting the legal profession
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Excellent time-management and organizational skills, along with the capability to work closely and flexibly with a small, tight-knit team of professionals
· Strong written and oral communications skills
· Ability to identify and analyze trends in the legal profession
· Professionalism, personal initiative, compassion, and a healthy sense of humor are a must
· J.D., or Masters-level counseling degree, required
About Greiner Consulting Group
We are the people who deliver on our commitment to be the premium provider of career management services in the legal industry. The Group is distinguished in the marketplace as the trusted resource that law firm leaders turn to handle some of their most sensitive and complex situations. With a track record of excellence, client relationships have been thoughtfully cultivated and strengthened for over 25 years.
The practice specializes in consulting with attorneys at all levels, from the most senior partners to junior associates. Offerings include executive coaching, career planning, training and group facilitation, talent development programming, project consulting, and career transition counseling.
Our fierce commitment to people supersedes all else. Greiner Consulting Group seeks out opportunities for people to thrive, ensuring growth, diversity, education, and success.The Group is known for the core values of loyalty, creative thinking, and integrity. Committed to vibrant and enduring relationships, Greiner Consulting promises excellence in every endeavor.
Greiner Consulting has offices in New York, Boston, Washington, D.C., Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. We c...onsult in major markets throughout the U.S. including: Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Miami, Philadelphia, and as well as internationally.