State Farm is offering a rare opportunity to join a high performing, Fortune 50 in-house legal team that provides legal counsel to a variety of business clients across the enterprise. Our Law Department employees are challenged, committed and empowered. As a community, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It is part of who we are and have been since 1922.
What You Will Do:
The Counsel position in the Special Projects Unit includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
• At General Counsel's direction, conduct internal investigations regarding potentially non-compliant conduct.
• Function as an Enterprise liaison to various federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
• Evaluate referrals for insurance fraud under the applicable state insurance statutes and prepare the appropriate reports to departments of insurance.
• Prepare responses to requests from departments of insurance and other regulatory bodies related to alleged misconduct.
• Supervise false claims act litigation and litigation initiated by state attorneys' generals.
• Process requests from Financial Industry Regulatory Authority including initial inquires, Post-U5 and Rule 4530, Risk Assessments, Sweep Requests and Examinations.
• Review and analyze law enforcement and/or governmental agency investigation subpoenas, summonses, search warrants, civil investigative demands, and requests for information served upon State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its affiliates
• Provide legal advice to appropriate representatives of the State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its affiliates;
• Analyze legal problems, and interpret laws and regulations.
• Approach legal matters in creative ways
• Serve as a resource for the organization on complex issues.
At State Farm®, our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm has held its own as the number one insurer of auto, home, and life in the nation.
What We Offer You:
State Farm offers candidates the opportunity to engage in complex legal work for a Fortune 50 client. We focus on developing our employees to help them reach their full potential.
Incentive Bonus Pay
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
What We Are Looking For:
Candidates with 5 or more years of experience preferred.
Law degree from ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials.
Must have active license to practice law in at least one state and a member in good standing of the bar.
Leadership and management skills.
Proactive mindset - anticipates and responds effectively to client's needs and actively assists clients by practicing preventive law.
Prior investigative, regulatory, and/or law enforcement experience.
Qualified applicants must possess: a commitment to providing quality legal advice, learning agility (including a demonstrated willingness to develop expertise in new subject matters), and a history of enthusiastic participation in a team environment.
Must have active license to practice law in at least one state
Other than as authorized by the General Counsel or his designee, employees are not permitted to handle any legal business outside of State Farm except authorized pro bono work.
Newly hired employees must cease all outside practice and all suit involvement before joining State Farm
Travel may be required via commercial transportation or driving to job related activities
May work irregular hours due to workload and nature of the work
Requisition ID: req8294 Job Title: Counsel Number of Openings: 1 Job Category: Professional/Technical Employment Type: Regular Full-Time Shift: First Weekends: Not Required Location: Bloomington, IL