Aims Community College at a Glance: Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018 and 2019!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community Vision: First Choice – The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions: Empower Students to Succeed Enhance Operational Performance Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Job Summary: The Director, Employee Relations will report to the Executive Director of Human Resources in a centralized HR department. This position is the primary lead for facilitating employee relations; working collaboratively with leadership, supervisors and attorneys. This position is responsible for managing and maintaining the employee performance program and training, adhering, interpreting and creating personnel policies & procedures. This position addresses in a timely manner employee concerns, resolves workplace conflicts, conducts investigations, leads and facilitates resolution discussions and conducts separation of employment. This position is responsible for providing unbiased, equitable and consistent recommendations to supervisors and leadership. This position also provides oversight of the college-wide background checks process which includes the review process, pre-adverse and adverse actions. This position works collaboratively with the Title IX Coordinator and Academics on policy violations, performance issues and investigations involving employees.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1.Employee Relations Management • Collaborate with leadership throughout the organization to proactively address performance issues which includes but is not limited to advising supervisors and employees, creating and/or assisting with the creation of performance memos (PM) and performance improvement plans (PIP), make recommendations and schedule professional development as it relates to PM or PIP, assist with resolution discussions and facilitates and conducts all separations of employment. • Collect, maintain and manage all records related to employee relations. • Determine/analyze when an investigation is needed: internal or external investigation. External investigation – work with contracted vendor, generate notification letters, schedule interviews, review and assess final report to determine next steps, communicate with HR leadership on the findings and provide recommendations. Internal investigation – schedule and conduct interviews, generate final report, communicate with HR leadership on the findings and provide recommendations.
2. Employee Performance Management • Provide oversight of Annual Performance Management process. Which includes monitoring of Employee Annual Performance Plans/Goals, Mid-year Reviews and Annual Performance Evaluations. • Communicate with supervisors regarding the value of complying with PM process. • Generate data and statistics for reporting progress and provides recommendations on individual and college-wide professional development and training.
3. Performance Management Training • Working with the Assistant Director, HR, to recommend, create, implement and facilitate college-wide training offerings to include but not limited to: Performance Management, Supervisor – Core Competencies, etc. utilizing various methodologies i.e. in-person, virtual, on-demand. • Conduct survey(s) to determine effectiveness.
4. Standard Operating Processes • Develop and maintain all operating processes related to employee relations and performance management, including updating on-line materials, communicating and enforcing organizational processes and values. • Provide oversight of HR staff responsible for generating standard operating process for all HR related operations.
5. Personnel Policies & Procedures Manual • Update, develop and maintain personnel policies and procedures in partnership and collaboration with other HR and College leaders, including updating on-line materials, communicating and enforcing organizational policies and procedures; following the policies & procedures reformation guidelines, meeting the deadlines established by the College-wide Strategic Plan.
6. Oversight of Employee and Student Background Checks • Assess and approve recommendations made by the HR Business Support Manager. • Provide oversight and approvals of pre-adverse and adverse action documentation. • As needed, meet with potential employees to obtain clarification and discuss decisions made.
7. College-wide support/initiatives This position may generate and conduct presentations to College Council, Cabinet or Board of Trustees related to Policies & Procedures, SOP or other as related to this position’s expertise and knowledge. This position may serve on committees that support the initiatives of the department.
Other Duties as Assigned As new duties, tasks, projects or initiatives are identified this position may be asked to assist with these other duties as assigned.
APPLICATIONINSTRUCTIONSANDINFORMATION • The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements. • Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information. • Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
INCOMPLETEAPPLICATIONS • If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position. • An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application. • An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
RESUMES • When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting. • Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials. Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements, • Resume, • Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity), • Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and, • Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related degree or combination of education and/or work experience. 2. Plus 5 years of experience in Human Resources. 3. 3 of the 5 years must be specific to employee relations management. 4. 2 years supervisory experience. 5. Demonstrated knowledge of employment law including FMLA, ADAAA and other federal laws/regulations such as Title VII and Title IX and state labor laws. 6. Demonstrated experience in creating the appropriate documentation related to employee relations such as performance memos and performance improvement plans. 7. Ability to meet deadlines, while working with others to meet these deadlines. 8. Demonstrated experience in research and creation of documented policies, procedures and/or standard operating process. 9. Demonstrated experience with assessment, critical and analytical thinking. 10. Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. 11. Demonstrated experience in interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution skills, presentation, facilitation and influencing skills. 12. Ability to work well with all levels of the organization and provide information with tact, discretion and strict adherence to confidentiality.
1. PHR or SHRM-CP Certification 2. Mediation Certification. 3. Experience with creating and facilitating employee training. 4. HRIS and/or PeopleAdmin experience. 5. Experience with EEOC and/or OCR 6. Experience with leading and managing internal/external investigations/assessments.
About Aims Community College
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018 and 2019!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice – The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development