The Senior Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs for Nickelodeon will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services for live-action and animation programming, with a focus on voiceover and on-camera performer. This person will be expected to handle a heavy volume of talent deals, including series regular agreements, overalls, test-options, and integrated marketing deals. This position will be located in Los Angeles.
- Structure, draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of talent agreements for animated and live action projects, with additional work on development and production services agreements.
- Provide legal guidance for varied productions, working with a broad range of departments (Nickelodeon talent department, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Production Management and Litigation) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
- Advise various departments for the network (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex business and legal matters.
- Develop and create deal structures, parameters and templates and forms. Maintain relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.
- JD and must be a member of the California Bar - Minimum of 5 years of relevant scripted TV experience
- Working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, Animation Guild, Local 839 I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA).
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract law and intellectual property rights, as well as a mastered capability for legal analysis and reasoning, is required.
- Desired candidate will have a thorough understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices and possess demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys.
- Must be able to multi-task under pressure, manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and operate autonomously within corporate parameters.
- Must be able to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm decision-making.
- The ideal candidate will be collaborative, positive and team-oriented.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
Internal Number: 2019 - 12093
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content - including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences - for audiences in more than 180 countries on various platforms and devices.Globally, Viacom Media Networks reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers through leading brands including Nickelodeon, MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network (SPIKE), VH1, TV Land, CMT and Logo. Program services created specifically for international audiences include Channel 5 (U.K.), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel.