Radius Radius 5 miles 15 miles 25 miles 35 miles 50 miles
Go Paralegal, Litigation - Req. 1902467 Description
Under general supervision, uses specialized legal knowledge and skills to perform a variety of intermediate level litigation and collection support tasks, including assisting in organizing and analysing documents and evidence and maintaining case files. Guidance is provided to perform varied work that is somewhat difficult in nature, requiring some evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make complex decisions. Resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems. Regular contact with internal customers and external providers of legal services is required to identify, research and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal support services to attorneys in the form of basic case research and preparation of legal and business communications. - Draft legal and business communications in support of attorneys, prepare legal documents and other correspondence both with and without attorney supervision. - Perform legal research with LexisNexis, WestLaw, and fact gathering. - Prepare standard letters and reports and help create initial drafts of documents for review. - May assist with litigation and dispute resolution. - Gather, organize, summarize, index, and maintain documents from various sources; - Provide general support to attorneys, and assist with other related duties as required. - Create and maintain internal case databases, run searches on internal and external document databases and systems, cull relevant information from a variety of resources. - Assist in reviewing claims and preparing draft pleadings for review by legal counsel. - Gather, organize, summarize and index legal and supporting documentation for internal and external legal counsel. - Draft correspondence, discovery requests and responses, settlement agreements, motions, promissory notes, subpoenas and other related documents. - Prepare and maintain trial notebooks and documents and may assist legal counsel at hearings and proceedings. - Assist in obtaining witness statements. - Maintain the on-going status of cases in the case management system. - Assist other paralegals, as required. - Maintain currency in paralegal practices and methodologies. - Operate standard office equipment and uses required software applications. - Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Laws, legal codes, precedents, and government regulations. - Fundamental business practices and concepts that impact the success and profitability of the firm. - Intermediate level concepts, practices and procedures of the paralegal profession. - Basic investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry. - Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations. - Financial markets and products.
- Reviewing claims and preparing draft pleadings. - Gathering, organizing, summarizing and indexing legal and supporting documentation. - Preparing discovery requests and responses, settlement agreements, motions, promissory notes, subpoenas and other related documents. - Preparing and maintaining trial notebooks. - Assisting legal counsel at hearings and proceedings. - Obtaining witness statements. - Maintaining information in an automated case management system. - Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
- Maintain confidential information. - To establish and maintain effective working relationships. - Attend mediations and final hearings as deemed necessary by your assigned attorney. - Maintain professional currency. - Use analytical and critical thinking skills in reading, interpreting, analyzing and applying information from legal documentation and references. - Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions. - Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. - Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment. - Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner. - Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others at all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a law firm or legal department in a financial planning, investment management or other financial services environment. ~or~ - An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Paralegal certification is preferred.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
Share This Job Current Raymond James Employees, click here »
Enter your corporate email address to refer a friend!
Submit Experienced Professionals Students & Recent Grads
SEARCH OUR JOBS
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
El Paso, Texas
Match Your Skills
Using your LinkedIn profile, find jobs matched to your skills and experience
Internal Number: 6354445
About Raymond James Financial Incorporated
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.