Parker + Lynch’s client is seeking a Senior Counsel to fill a key in house role in its Northern Virginia office. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an innovative company that provides cybersecurity solutions to protect commercial and government organizations. The company is seeking a talented attorney to work side by side with the General Counsel fulfilling the primary goal of closing business transactions and also managing the Company’s legal risk while supporting the Company’s general day to day legal needs.
- JD from a top law school and admission to a U.S. state bar (preference for VA bar)
- 4 to 7 years of legal experience in a major law firm or in house legal department
- Significant experience with Government Contracts law (including teaming agreements, Federal Government solicitations, proposals and awards, and managing contract flow downs related to Federal Government awards) and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR);
- Experience with transactional/commercial law, particularly with sophisticated technology companies;
- Familiarity with GSA Schedules, NASA SEWP and other Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWAC); and
- Proactive, self-starter who shows project ownership and enjoys working across departments
- Ability to remain business-focused but risk aware;
- Detail-oriented multi-tasker who can work independently under tight time deadlines;
- Willingness to learn and tackle matters outside area of expertise; and
- Ability to collect and organize information into manageable form and to communicate effectively
- Drafting, negotiating, and interpreting legal documents and commercial agreements of all types;
- Working with various business stakeholders to negotiate business terms and conditions for procurement of information technology products and services, with particular emphasis on cybersecurity products for Federal Government and commercial healthcare end users;
- Assisting bid and proposal teams in connection with Federal Government solicitations, and sales and accounting teams in resulting awards and purchase orders (including flow down terms) to distributors and manufacturers;
- Assisting GC with managing the Company’s legal risk in various areas of law (including commercial/transactional, government contracts, intellectual property, corporate, employment law and others);
- Managing Company’s contracts compliance and government reporting requirements across the organization;
- Studying and interpreting laws, court decisions and other legal authorities, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), as needed to deliver the foregoing services;
- Advising product development teams on various legal considerations in creating and selling software products and services, and protecting intellectual property rights;
- Assisting with the Company’s strategic acquisitions and divestitures and related due diligence, as needed;
- Managing outside counsel in dispute management and coordinating internal requirements in connection with pre-litigation and litigation matters;
- Leading special projects to improve the efficiency of the legal department and the Company, including creating and updating forms, creating and rolling out training and policies, procedures and best practices, and managing the Company’s contracts records; and
- Providing legal advice to the GC and Company leadership, sales and operations.
If you are qualified for this In-House Attorney job in the Washington, D.C. area, then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.