The College of Law is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Legal Clinic Coordinator. This executive-level administrative support position provides key administrative activities in support of the College of Law Legal Clinic and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
Additional duties to include:
* Responding to incoming requests in person, by phone, and email involving recurring contact with prospective and current clients, students, judicial officials, attorneys, faculty, and University administrators. * Managing rapidly changing schedules. * Editing and coordinating various forms of precise correspondence/communication. * Coordinating departmental activities and providing information to faculty on issues of policy and procedures. * Responsible for the functional and administrative supervision of student employees. * Providing excellent customer service.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
For a full job description, please send an email to the contact listed below.
About the College of Law: The mission of the University of Iowa College of Law is serving the people of Iowa, the nation and the world by providing a superior legal education for our students that is grounded in both theory and practice and enables them to have the competence and confidence to succeed in any and all legal settings; engaging in leading-edge research concerning law-related questions; disseminating the resulting scholarship widely to scholars, legal professionals, policy-makers and the public; and performing professional and public service activities consistent with our teaching and research obligations.
* A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum 1 year experience working as a legal office assistant, paralegal, and/or other related experience.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and ability to:
* Handle sensitive information, maintain confidentiality and use discretion in obtaining and releasing confidential information. * Follow through on assignments, multi-task with minimal supervision and be highly responsive in a deadline oriented environment. * Manage concurrent objectives and activities, proactively making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation. * Work and communicate effectively with prospective and current clients (on phone, in person and in writing), students, faculty, staff, administrators, and external contacts in the legal community such as judges, attorneys, and clerks of court. * Edit and coordinate various forms of precise correspondence/communication with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. * Use computer software applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. * Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and be able to meet and maintain the University of Iowa's Fleet Safety requirement.
Demonstrates a working knowledge of or experience with:
* Financial and HR transactions and systems. * Knowledge of university policies, procedures, and regulations. * High proficiency in Spanish and/or French.
* In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background and credential check. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Internal Number: 20001093_1578927160
About University of Iowa
With over 31,000 students, the University of Iowa is one of the nation's top public research universities, a member of the Big Ten conference and the Association of American Universities. The University of Iowa is composed of eleven colleges and is known around the world for its balanced commitment to the arts, sciences, and humanities. It is home to one of the nation's largest academic medical centers and the pioneering Iowa Writers' Workshop. The University of Iowa promotes work/life integration and is located in the casual yet cosmopolitan environment of Iowa City, widely recognized as one of the country's most livable communities.