This position will support the firm's information governance initiatives by providing administrative support to the Senior Information Governance Manager and Matter Mobility Unit. The incumbent will assist the Senior Manager with development and oversight of the Matter Mobility Unit specializing in matter mobility management. The incumbent will assist in software management and staff professional development while creating a culture that values different perspectives and recruits and retains the best talent.
Required Education & Experience
· College degree or equivalent work experience.
· 5-6 years of relevant records management experience or related information governance field.
· Have the ability to be discreet, maintain confidential information, and use sound judgment.
· Strong computer skills required.
Preferred Education & Experience
· Law Firm experience preferred.
· Large law firm experience a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Supervisory oversight for personnel and contractors involved in the delivery of records and information governance that involves matter mobility management to support the Firm's clients and attorneys.
· Dotted line supervision for managed services team members to ensure compliance with Firm best practices.
· Leads projects related to onboarding / off-boarding client information.
· Implements steps to ensure compliance with appropriate security for information relating to ethical walls and legal holds.
· Works with administrative staff and attorneys to identify business requirements to automate processes.
· Develops and guides team members to meet their professional and team goals while instilling Firm best practices.
Training and Education (30%)
· Communicates with key stakeholders to proactively ensure organizational understanding of the interrelationship of business and information processes.
· Champions the IG program to executive leadership and firm counsel to heighten their awareness of IG as a key business resource.
· Coaches and mentors team members on their professional development.
General and Administrative (10%)
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Highly professional with a strong customer service orientation and commitment to meeting deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
· Strong professional, independent thinking skills with strength in problem solving and the ability to offer constructive opinions and creative solutions.
· A team player who motivates and educates other team members.
· Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
· Ability to successfully manage direct report(s), including performance evaluation, goal-setting, employee development and problem-solving.
This position includes supervisory responsibilities.
Travel as needed.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the responsibilities of the position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the person in this position will encounter. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a professional, fast paced office environment that may require additional hours to complete work.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. If an employee is unable to perform the essential functions of the position, Stinson LLP will evaluate whether a reasonable accommodation can be made to enable the employee to perform the described essential functions of the position. Generally, due to the nature of this office position, while performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Stinson LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Stinson LLP is a federal contractor. Information gathered through applicant Voluntary Self-Identification will be used periodically with various government agencies for statistical reporting and to measure the effectiveness of our Affirmative Action and EEO outreach efforts. All information is requested on a voluntary basis and will be kept confidential. We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Applicants with a disability that are in need of an accommodation to complete the Stinson LLP application process should contact Human Resources at 316.268.7962 or email Talent@stinson.com
By submitting this application, you certify the information provided is true to the best of your knowledge and belief. You understand that being untruthful in response to any of the answers provided within this application or any of the attached documents may lead to your termination in the event you are employed. If employed, you will be required to provide documentation showing you are legally authorized to work in the United States. We conduct criminal background checks of all individuals offered employment.