Beltrami Electric Cooperative, located in Bemidji, Minnesota, is seeking qualified candidates for a Member Services Lead.
• Responsible for past due accounts and collection activity. Communicates with delinquent members, reviews follow-up dates and monitors payment arrangements and payment assistance.
• Develop procedures for the use of outside collection agencies and legal action to collection past due balances.
• Coordinates with departments regarding the collection process and related paperwork
• Responds to member inquiries and handles complex member issues. Occasionally responds to or makes calls outside of regular work hours.
• Provide guidance and coordination of the Member Services Representatives and Cashier/Receptionist in all areas of responsibility, including new services, payments, pay arrangements, disconnects, reconnects, service orders, service improvements and cooperative programs.
• Monitors daily cash drawer balancing.
• Monitors and takes appropriate action on non-sufficient funds (NSF’s) accounts.
• Assists Manager of Member Services with establishing write offs on energy accounts determined uncollectible and with account receivable and other balances. Coordinates the data necessary for write offs and provides detail on these accounts.
• Responsible for meter-tampering situations and takes appropriate action.
• Develops and maintains professional positive working relationships with external contacts including but not limited to landlords, agencies, Department of Commerce, after hours call center, Attorney General’s Office, Public Utility Commission (PUC) and Law Enforcement.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in business management from a four-year college or university; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Additional Salary Information: Union negotiated wage range
About Beltrami Electric Cooperative
Beltrami Electric Cooperative, Inc. provides power to over 17,600 consumers within a 3,000 square mile service area located in the beautiful lakes region of north-central Minnesota. Bemidji has long earned raves as a four-season destination for world-class hunting, fishing, bicycling, boating and snow sports amid the beauty of the north woods. This First City on the Mississippi is also a wonderful place to call home. Surrounded by pristine lakes and deep forests, Bemidji is a friendly, family community with top-tier higher education, outstanding K-12 schools, a major health care center, and more.