At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you’ll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
The CLE Coordinator will be a key member of the Firm’s Talent Development team, supporting the department in successfully executing it’s overall strategy. This position is responsible for supporting the administration of the Firm’s accredited provider status for all CLE programs as well as supporting national initiatives.
On any given day, you will be working with firm leadership, partners, and business colleagues on a variety of requests and projects. You will:
• Manage the Firm’s CLE function: prepare and submit CLE applications by course to multiple jurisdictions; track and verify course attendance for CLE, prepare and distribute CLE certificates of attendance; manage and oversee the attorney CLE tracking database, ViCLE.
• Coordinate logistical details necessary for Firm wide training programs including CLE, Talent Development initiatives and department specific substantive trainings. This includes but is not limited to: assisting with project plans, creating programs in the Firm LMS, reserving conference rooms, setting up required technology, coordination of training materials and training props, ordering food, tracking registration and collecting program evaluations.
• Assist with creation of on-demand content.
• Collaborate with team to analyze and identify new training and concepts aligned with the Firm’s learning strategies based on historical success.
• Work with partners on administering client-facing CLE programs led by Seyfarth attorneys.
• Track and analyze training programs; coordinate and summarize program evaluations, providing recommendations for improvement as needed.
• Assist in developing, communicating and organizing training manuals and materials.
• Act as a steward of the Firm’s culture and values to promote and build a culture of collaboration, teamwork and high performance.
• Assist other national functions and initiatives as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree; Business, Human Resources or related field preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in a human resources, talent/professional development or learning environment preferred. Experience working in a law firm is required.
• Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills. This role will interface with management, associates and partners in all offices.
• Ability to establish positive relationships and keep a wide number of people “in the loop” and informed of project and program status is critical.
• Entrepreneurial attitude, and ability to work well independently and with limited supervision.
• Strong planning, organization and follow through skills. Must be able to organize and follow up on details necessary for a program/event/workshop. Good overall project management skills are critical.
• Attention to detail. Must have good proofreading skills and concern for quality to ensure that the work product is correct and of high quality.
• Knowledge of CLE accreditation requirements.
• Prior experience with learning management systems (ViDesktop strongly preferred) and proficiency in power point and excel required.
What We Provide:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 3.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
More About Seyfarth:
With more than 900 lawyers across 16 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/
This position will be based in Chicago, IL 60606
Internal Number: 200071
About Seyfarth Shaw LLP
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide.