At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you’ll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
The Talent Development Assistant will provide support, under the leadership of the Firm’s Talent Development team. Focus will be on assisting and supporting the department in successfully executing its overall strategy and goals. The TD Assistant will be responsible for supporting administration of this group, locally and nationally and the ongoing performance management, career development and retention of the Firm’s attorney
On any given day, you will be working with firm leadership, partners, and business colleagues on a variety of requests and projects. You will:
• Assist TD team with all attorney performance and development matters;
• Prepare attorney productivity reports in excel for email distribution
• Compile evaluation reports and feedback, as well as track completion rates and send email reminders.
• Oversee administrative set-up and logistical coordination for in-house training programs and meetings, including sending outlook calendar invites, booking conference rooms in respective locations, technology set-up, preparation and distribution of materials, tracking RSVP’s.
• Update department reporting and files including exit interview data, practice specific attorney reports, demographic information, mentoring assignments, associate competency placement (Grids), new hire data, attorney leave information, and continuous updates in evaluation software (viDesktop).
• Process team expense reports, check requests and invoices for payment.
• Monitor and update Talent Development intranet page and policies
• Provide back-up and support for firm CLE administration, including processing CLE certificates, compliance documents and database management.
• Assist other national learning and development functions and initiatives as needed.
• Assist other national legal recruiting functions and initiatives as needed.
• Act as a steward of the firm’s culture and values to promote and build a culture of collaboration, teamwork and high performance
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience.
• Prior experience in human resources, talent/professional development or learning environment preferred. Experience working in a law firm is a plus.
• Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to establish positive relationships and keep a wide number of people “in the loop” and informed of project and program status is critical.
• Able to work well independently and with limited supervision.
• Strong planning, organization and follow up skills. Must be able to organize and follow up on all the details necessary for a program/event/workshop. Good overall project management skills are critical.
• Attention to detail. Must have good proofreading skills and concern for quality to ensure that the work product is correct and of high quality.
• Advanced proficiency in power point and excel required.
• Working knowledge of viDesktop and Workday is a plus.
What We Provide:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 3.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
More About Seyfarth:
With more than 900 lawyers across 16 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/
This position will be based in Chicago, IL 60606
Internal Number: 200072
About Seyfarth Shaw LLP
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide.