The successful candidate will be responsible for commercial real estate transactions at FedEx Ground. Ability to draft, negotiate and close a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including distribution facility leases, build-to-suit leases, purchase and sale of real property. Successful candidate will be able to handle all aspects of transactions and be a legal and business advisor on compliance with laws and regulations, existing corporate polices and acceptable levels of legal and financial risk. Excellent computer, interpersonal and writing skills required. Must collaborate with other FedEx attorneys and outside counsel.
• Assesses legal risk and provides management with recommendations regarding matters such as pending litigation, government relations relative to legislation, regulatory compliance, business transactions, commercial contracts, employment laws, and labor matters. • Prepares legal documents, pleadings, memoranda, and/or commercial contracts. • Creates, updates, and reviews policies and procedures to ensure that the company is operating in compliance with regulations and that regulatory reporting requirements are met. • Studies major areas of concern to the Company to recommend appropriate plans of action including changes to policies and procedures. • Represents the company before federal, state and local courts, administrative agencies and/or other third-parties. • Engages, oversees, directs and/or evaluates the performance and progress of outside counsel representing the company to ensure requisite expert legal advice is obtained when/as necessary. • Provides on-the-spot and consistent legal advice from accumulated knowledge and experience. • Provides legal counsel on cross-functional and cross-operating company projects and initiatives. • Develops and delivers presentations and training to employees, including management, within area of responsibility.
• Juris Doctorate required.
• Six (6) years experience practicing as a licensed attorney at a law firm, corporation or with the government.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Admitted to and currently in good standing with the required state Bar. • Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals. • Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals. • Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations. • Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management • Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment • Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting • Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce.
Internal Number: 260836BR
About FedEx Ground
FedEx Ground, a part of FedEx Corp., is a leader in cost-effective, small-package ground shipping, offering dependable service to businesses and residential customers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Reasons to consider your career with FedEx Ground:
• Leading employer: FedEx consistently appears on Fortune Magazine’s list of America’s Most Admired Companies, World’s Most Admired Companies and 100 Best Companies to Work For. Additionally, FedEx has been recognized as a leading employer in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes Magazine, Black Diversity Magazine, PINK Magazine and Info World Magazine.
• Inclusion makes us better: A diverse and inclusive culture is good for business because it increases engagement, morale, productivity, quality, profitability, creativity, and innovation. We value our people and promote diversity in our workforce and in our thinking.