Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, a Powerhouse Denver based law firm with 250+ attorneys and policy professionals, is seeking an Information Security Compliance Manager to work with our Information Security team to focus in three areas of compliance: Technical, Physical, and Organizational Security. This role is an integral part of the firm’s commitment to keeping our technology components secure and stable.
The Information Security Compliance Manager will perform essential functions on an ongoing annual basis to monitor and maintain the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) certification. As mentioned above, the successful individual will have responsibilities within three main areas, listed as follows:
- Technical Security Compliance: Ensure the secure technical operation and configuration of all in-house computer systems, mobile computing devices, servers, and network connections in accordance with client requirements, internal policies, firm procedures, and ISO compliance requirements.
- Physical Security Compliance: Coordinate and oversee regularly scheduled non-technical security compliance audits of Brownstein offices and annual review of the firm’s business continuity and incident response capabilities and access control audits in accordance with client requirements, internal policies, firm procedures, and ISO compliance requirements.
- Operational Security Compliance: Annual review of information security policies, standard operating procedures, facilitation of the firm wide security awareness training program, maintaining the information security programs performance management program and the administration of several technical security related systems in accordance with internal policies, procedures, and ISO compliance requirements.
This role will interact on a regular basis with individuals within different roles and at different levels, and in addition will be writing policies, procedures and emails which will be distributed throughout the firm. Due to these responsibilities, we are seeking an individual who possesses excellent writing skills combined with a professional demeanor. An individual with a strong project management background would thrive in this role based on the variety and volume of simultaneous projects.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in any area of Information Technology
- Minimum of 10 years within a hands on technology role
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a strategic technology security role
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Certificate in CISSP is highly preferred
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Professional demeanor who is analytical, strategic and articulate