We are looking for individuals to join our Non-Injury Liability Claims team at our Grandview Heights, OH; Des Moines, IA; and San Antonio, TX offices.
For the right candidates, we are also able to fill this opportunity in a Work From Home (remote) setting.
This opportunity is posted as a Claims Specialist I (D3), but can be filled as a Associate Claims Specialist (C3) based on skills and qualifications. ?
Highly preferred, but not required:
Customer service experience
Career focused, looking for growth opportunity
Insurance or claims experience is a plus
Job Description Summary
JOB SUMMARY: Investigates and effectively resolves non-injury personal lines liability claims via telephone, internet or email. Responsible for the disposition of claims in accordance with prescribed authority and according to best claims practices. Promotes and provides ""On Your Side"" customer service. Investigates and effectively resolves personal lines liability claims via telephone. Responsible for the disposition of claims in accordance with prescribed authority and according to best claims practices.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Claims Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
1. Promptly and effectively handles to conclusion all assigned claims with moderate direction and oversight. Makes decisions within delegated authority as outlined in company policies and procedures. Adheres to high standards of professional conduct consistent with the delivery of superior service.
2. Initiates and conducts follow-ups via proficient use of claims systems and related business systems
3. Determines proper policy coverages, and where necessary, investigates, evaluates, negotiates and equitably settles all assigned liability/bodily injury claims cases in accordance with company policies and procedures at values commensurate with damages sustained.
4. Partners with SIU and Subrogation to identify fraud and subrogation opportunities.
5. Maintains and develops current knowledge of: assigned insurance lines; court decisions which may impact the claims function; current guidelines in the claims function; and policy changes and modifications. This may require attendance at various seminars or training sessions.
6. Submits severe incident reports, reinsurance reports and other information to claims management as needed.
7. Assists or prepares files for suit, trial, or subrogation. (Property/MD/Casualty)
8. May serve as the single point of contact for personal lines material damage claims, including non-standard.
9. Delivers a positive On-Your-Side customer service experience to all internal, external, current and prospective Nationwide customers.
10. Initiates and conducts follow-ups via proficient use of claims systems and related business systems.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Licenses/Designations: State licensing where required. Successful completion of required claims certification schools/classes.
Experience: One to three years of customer service and/or claims processing/handling experience preferred.
Knowledge: General knowledge of insurance theory and practices, insurance contracts and their application. Familiarity with claims processing and claims best practices and procedures preferred. Proven knowledge of insurance contracts, medical terminology and the legal aspects of court procedures affecting legal liability for all lines of insurance. Knowledge of claims systems. Skills/Competencies: Proven ability to meet customer needs and provide exemplary service by informing customers of the claims process and ensuring a positive customer experience. Analytical skills necessary to make decisions/resolve conflicts such as application of coverage's to submitted claims, application of laws of jurisdiction to investigation facts, application of policy exclusions and exceptions, and direct repaid shop claims management. Ability to work in a fast paced and team based environment. Organizational skills to effectively prioritize and manage increased workloads. Demonstrated proficiency of written/verbal communication skills for contact and/or negotiations with policyholders, claimants, repair persons, attorneys, agents, and the public in general. Ability to efficiently operate personal computer and software for claims-related and other business applications.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors. Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by: Business Unit Executive and Human Resources.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. May require ability to sit and operate telephone and personal computer for extended periods of time. Must be willing to work irregular hours and to travel with possible overnight requirements. Must be available to work catastrophes (CAT) requiring travel to CAT sites with multiple on-site responsibilities and/or for extended periods of time. Extended and/or non-standard hours as required.
Credit/Background Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Evaluation Activity: Edited 5/2/11 JTG
#claimsSmoke-Free Iowa Statement: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries comply with the Iowa Smokefree Air Act. Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas on or around company premises as well as company issued vehicles. The company offers designated smoking areas in which smoking is permitted at each individual location. The Act prohibits retaliation for reporting complaints or violations. For more information on the Iowa Smokefree Air Act, individuals may contact the Smokefree Air Act Helpline at 888-944-2247.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is evaluated on an individual basis, depends on experience and skillset.
Internal Number: 68036
About Nationwide Insurance
Imagine a place where you do meaningful work every day. Where the effort you put in is acknowledged and rewarded. Where your sense of purpose is discovered and fostered. Where you can be your very best self. You’ve found that place in Nationwide. We are America’s most diversified financial services organization. We’re trusted advisers for our members, offering solutions like home and auto insurance, life insurance, retirement savings tools such as annuities and mutual funds as well as business insurance, pet insurance and identify theft protection. Join something great, where you can make a difference!