The Washington DC office of Finnegan, one of the world’s leading and largest intellectual property law firms, is seeking a Website and Data Administrator to join our dynamic marketing department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and support the firm’s website, intranet, client and contact data, and email marketing efforts, and the subsequent data and analytics across platforms and technology supporting this effort.
Website and Intranet-related Responsibilities
• Work with CMO and senior manager on website performance issues and new projects involving outside website developer.
• Coordinate general edits and technical support for the firm’s website. On an ongoing basis perform checks of the website to ensure all pages and functionality are in working order and there are no broken links, misspellings, grammatical mistakes, etc.
• Monitor and assess competitor digital and online presence.
• Regularly support and update SEO efforts across regional markets, practices, and industry initiatives.
• Assist manager of research information and services with the development and maintenance of the firm’s SharePoint intranet site. Make content updates as provided by other members of the department and the firm.
Analytics, Reporting, and Data Updates
• eMarketing: On a daily basis review and process all preference forms and unsubscribes (ensuring compliance with data protection laws across the world, including CAN-SPAM and GDPR). Review on a weekly basis all eMarketing activities and coordinate the assignment of the clean-up related to assigning the correct Activity Type, for example, Webinar: Sent vs. Email: Sent.
• Web Page Visits: Run weekly web page visits and new subscribers report from eMarketing software and process the relevant contact data updates in CRM system.
• Traffic Analytics: Run quarterly reports on SEO and website analytics using Google Analytics and other resources.
• Ad Hoc Reporting: Pull ad hoc reports for views, visits, etc. across any area of the website, data reports from eMarketing or CRM tool, and other reports as needed.
• Data Updates: Ongoing review and enhancement of contact records to ensure accuracy and data consistency, including:
o monitoring CRM system for duplicate contacts
o correcting invalid or out-of-date records
o researching and processing returned mail/e-mail address changes.
o track contact searches and add new contacts as requested
• Maintain files related to job responsibilities. Process vendor payments related to position.
• Monitor assigned inboxes for inquiries and/or updates to contact information.
• Update department procedure sheets for which position is the primary contact, as needed.
• Provide support on other projects and serve as back-up, as needed. Assume all other tasks assigned by CMO and managers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years working with data maintenance, website, digital, and email marketing platforms.
2. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail, particularly in databases and web content.
3. Detail oriented with good grammatical and proofreading skills.
4. Experience with Google Analytics and other online and Internet measurement tools strongly preferred.
5. Strong understanding and interest in working with a wide range of technologies. Demonstrated proficiency with HTML, WordPress, social media platforms and sharing tools, and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Exposure or experience with website design, CSS, SharePoint, and other CMS programs a plus. Basic Photoshop skills, including editing text and cropping images, desired.
6. Strong organizational and project management skills.
7. Knowledge of marketing in a professional services setting.
8. Ability to be a self-starter while also willing to take direction from others.
9. Ability to work under pressure, meet frequent deadlines, and prioritize multiple tasks.
10. Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with attorneys, clients, administrative and support staff, and outside vendors and professional peers.
11. Ability and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
12. Willingness to be a team player on all projects.
The firm offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.