Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. We are currently seeking an IT Support Specialist in our Information Technology department, reporting directly to the Dallas/Fort Worth Information Technology Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-orientated individual who is responsible for the day-to-day support of computer operations of the office. This role will be the primary contact for troubleshooting and support of all user-facing applications and hardware. This position resides in the Dallas office and is expected to perform all support responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff. Maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement is vital to the team’s overall objectives. Above all, the IT Support Specialist must fulfill the support needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide direct technical support (Level 1 and Level 2) for computer system users.
- Support and troubleshoot both computer and telecommunications-related issues: software, hardware, network devices, printers, and smartphones.
- Handle tickets escalated from the Help Desk in a timely manner. Provide follow-up to users after initial visit. Retain ownership of own assigned tickets and update ticket logs daily.
- Lead projects as assigned by the Regional Information Technology Manager. IT projects include but are not limited to software upgrades, computer set-ups, phone upgrades and end-of-lease equipment returns.
- Set-up audio/visual and other presentation needs in conference rooms.
- Assist with training system users as required on all aspects of computer Technology.
- Participate in application testing.
- Participate in the weekly rotation of the after-hours department cell phone and provide after-hours support.
- Maintain accurate equipment inventory by following policies and with direction from the Dallas/Fort Worth Information Technology Manager.
- Maintain and improve technical skills and abilities through continuing professional education and certifications.
CORE APPLICATIONS AND HARDWARE:
- MS Office 2016
- Desktop and Laptop computers
- MS Outlook
- Smartphone devices (Apple, Android)
- Litera ChangePro
- Printers – Xerox, and Hewlett Packard
- NetDocs DMS
Qualifications (Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- At least a two-year college degree or technical school diploma is preferred; however substantial experience can substitute for education
- A minimum of three years’ experience in IT operations, preferably in a law firm environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to communicate with attorneys and staff in an effective, non-technical manner
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant areas
- Demonstrated ability to train computer system users in one-on-one settings
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities
- Proven ability to maintain and update technical knowledge and skills
- Strong service orientation, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned
- Commitment to professional growth and development