Are you a senior tax professional who wants to specialize in Financial Services and Insurance? Do phrases like "accounting for income taxes," "tax structuring," and "tax controversy" peak your interest? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Business Tax Services Insurance practice.
What you'll do
As an Insurance Tax Consultant within the Business Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements, assisting across a variety of tax services that are relevant for public and private companies, ranging from project management support, analytical support, and tax consulting for our Insurance industry sector clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide tax advisory services to clients in the insurance industry across business functions such as underwriting, claims, IT, finance and accounting
- Lead project work streams and engagements including the management of staff practitioners
- Coordinating with the client's tax and finance departments to gather data for tax return preparation
- Assisting with strategic tax planning including researching federal tax law and drafting technical memos
- Assisting with IRS audit defense.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services are relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, management, technology, sciences, or related fields
- 3+ years' experience with the full Microsoft Office Suite
- 3+ years' experience working with private or public corporations
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Ability to travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Experience in the life insurance, property insurance or casualties industry
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Previous experience with corporate tax preparation, tax compliance, or tax controversy
- Demonstrated abilities to problem solve and lead
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to interface with clients at senior levels effectively
- Ability to lead significant workflows/projects.
Internal Number: 14108355
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose... defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.