The Wealth Management Relationship Manager is responsible for administration and maintenance of personal trust, investment management and probate relationships, including proactive communication with clients and their professional advisors, regarding administrative, legal, planning and regulatory matters. There is a larger focus on investment management accounts with trust planning designed to transition wealth across generations. This position consults with and advises clients regarding planning opportunities as well as changes in laws and regulations affecting their accounts or other personal circumstances. This includes development of new private client relationships, primarily through sophisticated financial and estate planning for trust/asset management clients and prospects, either alone or in conjunction with the client’s legal and financial advisors. The position includes establishing and maintaining professional relationships with trust & estate attorneys, CPAs and financial advisors as referral sources for new business. The position also works closely with Private Client administrative support team and Middle Office as appropriate to provide efficient and effective onboarding of new relationships and high-quality service for existing clients.
Primary Functions and/or Responsibilities:
• Relationship management and administration of investment, fiduciary, and other assigned accounts including regular proactive client communication. Includes daily account administration, in coordination with Private Client administrative support team.
• Administer assigned accounts in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Bank policies, including timely and accurate completion of related documentation.
• Development of new and expanded personal trust and other private client relationships. Primary focus is on large discretionary investment management accounts.
• Develop and maintain professional relationship with referral network of trust and estate attorneys, CPAs and financial advisors.
• Joint calling with other Personal Trust Officers, Private Bankers, BTC Capital Management, and other Bank staff as required for discharge of responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Salary Information: Annual salary plus aggressive bonus opportunity.
Internal Number: 21080
About Banker Trust
For more than 100 years, Bankers Trust has been a leading financial institution for commercial and consumer banking services. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, Bankers Trust is the largest privately held financial institution in the state, and employs 565 people across the country. With offices in Ames and Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Omaha, Nebraska; Sioux Falls, South Dakota; and Phoenix, Arizona; Bankers Trust offers our customers outstanding service and innovative financial solutions, including a tremendous selection of products and services.