Responsibilities of the Claims Counsel role includes:
* Investigating the facts and issues of a claim, including but not limited to communicating with title officers, escrow officers, lenders, claimants, and other counsel
* Determining whether coverage exists and evaluating loss under the title policy
* Developing and carrying out a plan to resolve the claim
* Negotiate settlements and resolutions with claimants, opposing counsels, and third parties
*Directing outside counsel on litigation strategy through the course of claim administration and litigation
*Appear as company representative in court proceedings, mediations, and settlement conferences
*Managing the claim budget, review and approve outside counsel invoices and other expenses, and determine settlement and expense reserves
*Identify and pursue sources for recovery
*Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and organizational skills
*Law Degree required
*Licensed and in good standing to practice law in any state of the United States (will accept applicants who have taken the bar but have not yet received the results).
Additional Preferred Qualifications
* 0-3 years of experience
* Excellent academic credentials
The Claims Counsel position gives attorneys the ability to make independent analysis, utilize strategic thinking to resolve complex issues, and to further develop litigation expertise. The candidate does not need to have title claims experience.
Internal Number: 1
About Fidelity National Title Group
Fidelity National Title Group is a member of the Fidelity National Financial (NYSE: FNF) family of companies and the nation’s largest group of title companies and title insurance underwriters - Chicago Title Insurance Company, Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Alamo Title Insurance, Lawyers Title, and Ticor Title - that collectively issue more title insurance policies than any other title company in the United States.