Larson, Kuper & Wenninghoff (LKW) is an established firm in west Omaha devoted to the defense of employers and insurance companies in workers’ compensation matters. We are a small firm built on a solid foundation and seeking candidates who are self-starters.
LKW is seeking an Associate attorney with 0-5 years of experience defending workers' compensation in Nebraska and/or Iowa. Please submit a resume for consideration.
Essential Job Functions
- Handling of workers’ compensation litigation.
- Taking depositions of claimants, physicians, medical experts, and other parties.
- Conducting discovery.
- Performing legal research.
- Remaining current with developments in the law.
- Drafting pleadings, findings of fact, motions, briefs, opinions, and other legal documents.
- Represent the interests of the employer or insurer at hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations, and other proceedings.
- Communicate with claims representatives.
- Coordinate and attend claims reviews.
- Negotiate settlements.
Benefits include: Medical and 401(k)/Roth retirement plan with company match. Inquire about further benefits.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.