Provide professional and authoritative legal and policy advice relating to all Company matters while representing the interests of the business at all times.
• Interpret the statutory and regulatory framework in which Company operates and provide legal and policy advice in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, employment law, intellectual property, real estate, contracts, organizational governance, affiliated entities, computer and information technology matters, events and sponsorship.
• Advise and recommend policy and procedure changes based on current or emerging case law and precedent and assist company in the development, preparation and review of related policies and procedures.
• Assist in identifying and monitoring potential legal issues, provide guidance and develop solutions that reduce risk.
• Maintain current knowledge of legal and technical developments in relation to Company’s business.
• In collaboration with Human Resources, investigate and act on matters related to compliance.
• Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
• Coordinate efforts related to audits, reviews, and examinations.
• Work with others to perform ongoing risk assessments and ensure abatement plans are in place to effectively mitigate potential risks.
• Support and monitor the effective implementation of policies, processes and procedures to mitigate or manage compliance risks as well as the adequateness and practicability of policies, processes, and procedures.
• Develop education programs and work with staff to remain up to date on policies, laws and regulations impacting their responsibilities and Company’s business.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of compliance landscape, government laws and regulations.
• Interface with government bodies and regulators.
• Demonstrate effectiveness in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Naturally connect and build strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
• 7+ years of experience as a practicing attorney or in-house counsel
• Experience managing complex legal issues in a matrixed organization with multiple constituencies
• Business, risk management, and human resource litigation experience
• Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to business, including safety, privacy laws, and intellectual property.
Newhouse + Noblin is a full-service legal and executive search firm, serving clients throughout the U.S. from offices in Austin, Dallas, Denver, Houston, and Los Angeles. We specialize in Legal Search, Executive Search, and Temporary/Contract Staffing. Representative engagements include searches for General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, Deputy General Counsel, Associate General Counsel and other significant in-house positions for public and private company clients. Newhouse + Noblin also represents a select group of law firms in searches for partners and associates for strategic growth. Newhouse + Noblin offers a division providing legal support solutions through the placement of contract attorneys and paralegals.