About the Team
DoorDash's Legal Team has built a reputation within the company for our collaborative approach to counseling. We are a diverse group of lawyers with a shared passion for providing creative and excellent service to our collaborators. We go above and beyond to help accelerate and protect the business, and above all else, we value each other as teammates. We're looking for a team player who can work across the legal team, and the broader company. Join us!
About the Role
DoorDash is hiring an experienced Senior Counsel to join our dynamic legal team at a very exciting time for our expanding business. You will be the first dedicated product lawyer supporting our Drive department and its expanding suite of products designed to help local merchants start, operate, and grow a digital business.
As Counsel on the product legal team at DoorDash, you'll have a broad range of responsibilities. You will be the first dedicated lawyer to the Drive department, which powers our white-label logistics service for restaurant and non-restaurant partners and is building end-to-end solutions for merchants of all types and sizes. Your clients will include first-in-class product managers, operators, marketers, engineers, and other teams. You'll become an expert on our existing products and will partner with the business to help shape the development of new products and businesses to power merchant growth (TL;DR: exciting stuff!).
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide teams across the business with applicable daily and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing goals and programs.
- Be the lead product attorney for our growing portfolio of logistics and platform products by advising on laws and regulations relating to privacy, security, safety, payments, marketing, antitrust, worker classification, and more.
- Liaison between your business clients and legal team experts where needed (such as our litigation, privacy, and regulatory teams).
- Independently develop practical guidance by combining input from outside counsel, your research, and feedback from team members.
We're excited about you because…
- You have a business-first mentality and can balance legal risk and our goals in complicated and gray areas of the law.
- Understand complicated areas of law and apply them to a complicated business.
- No job is too big or too small!
- You have prior in-house experience.
- You have 8+ years legal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- JD from top law school, admitted to any state bar.
- You weigh risks and rewards.
- Previous product counseling experience.
- Experience in the tech industry or the on-demand economy.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.