New York, New York
New York, New York
Santa Cruz, California
Salt Lake City, Utah
New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/ Labor Relations or related field, or equivalent experience, generally on the basis of 2:1 (experience: college) years.
- Minimum of (4) four years related work experience showing progressively more complex responsibilities in a relevant human resources position; additional education in fields specifically related to the experience requirements may offset qualifying experience.
- Experience in grievance handling, arbitration preparation, labor contract negotiations and handling of unemployment compensation issues preferred.
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws, e.g., NLRA, FLSA and FMLA.
- Ability to research, understand and apply Laboratory policies, labor contracts, arbitration awards, memoranda or letters of agreement or understanding and grievance settlements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships both with management and unions
- Detail orientation and superior analytical skills
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Masters of Industrial and Labor Relations
- Knowledge of current DOE processes and typical contract designs within a federal contractor organization
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)