Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
The Office of Technology Development at MSK is seeking an experienced Contract Analyst to join the Preclinical Legal team. In this role you will independently draft, negotiate, and complete pre-clinical research agreements with an initial focus on Material Transfer Agreements, Collaborative Research Agreements and Sponsored Research Agreements with academic institutions and industry partners. As part of MSK's legal team you will play a key role in assessing project and organization-specific risks for MSK's research collaborations, and work to mitigate risk and protect MSK's interests.
As the Contract Analyst, you will
- Represent MSK in negotiations with academic institutions and industry and their legal counsel.
- Negotiate various agreement types including Material Transfer Agreements, Research Collaboration Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, among others.
- Raise complex legal issues to attorneys and assist in resolution.
- Work with our internal team members during the negotiation process to clarify requirements and reach timely resolution.
- Ensure negotiated terms are consistent with MSK institutional Finance, Security, Privacy and Intellectual Property policies.
- Ensure our contract repository is the single centralized source of truth for all negotiated contracts.
- Assist with managing the execution of research technology agreements and ensure all obligations are being met in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
- Assist with special projects and other job-related activities as assigned by the supervising attorney(s).
- Lead special contract-related projects as necessary.
- Experience in an academic or for-profit institution with a focus on contract management or technology transfer.
- Experience negotiating Material Transfer Agreements, Research Collaboration Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, Data Transfer Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Strong project management and analytical skills to efficiently coordinate multiple agreements simultaneously and manage contracts from cradle to grave.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; well-developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive collaborative working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all involved parties.
- To be thoughtful with attention to detail, team-focused and self-motivated.
Please note, this position will have a hybrid schedule with 2 days/week on site in NYC.
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
Pay Range: $87,300.00-$139,800.00
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.