Location: Westchester Campus,
Reporting to the Chief of Public Safety, the Investigations Manager is responsible for leading and managing all general public safety and Title IX investigations. The position manages the administrative functions, including using information systems, producing management reports, following departmental policies and procedures, and all compliance-related issues. The Manager also serves as the lead liaison with the Los Angeles Police Department on criminal matters.
Fosters a cooperative relationship with Judicial Affairs, Student Housing Office, and Human Resources leadership teams. Effectively manages investigators to investigate possible violations of the LMU's Community Standards or policies, which often include investigations of criminal and non-criminal incidents reported to Public Safety, both on and off-campus. Retrieves and supervises evidence and processes associated paperwork; conducts process audits and prepares professional, detailed and complete case reports of incidents. Accurately gathers and analyzes statistical data contained in crime and incident reports; ensures compliance with applicable local, state, and federal reporting requirements. Develops strong working relationships with the Los Angeles Police Department, Los Angeles Fire Department, Los Angeles City Attorney, and other municipal agencies and community groups to obtain relevant information, reports, and documents that can assist in the investigation of LMU Community Standards violations. Proactively assists in solving safety, security, and pertinent criminal issues facing students, faculty, and staff. Lead special assignments as required and participate in all recommended training programs. Represents the Department of Public Safety within the internal or external community and serves on committees. Performs other duties as assigned or requested by the Chief of Public Safety.
Loyola Marymount University Expectations
Exhibits behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the University. Communicates and employs interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountability, and ethical conduct. And demonstrates a commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Typically, a Bachelor's Degree in criminal justice, business administration, communications, or related field or equivalent experience. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a public safety, law enforcement, or security department with solid customer support, administrative, and report writing experience. Demonstrated experience should include strong note-taking and report writing skills; ability to follow procedures on handling confidential or highly sensitive information; management of multiple conflicting priorities and case files; professional report generation; and facilitation of communication between numerous parties.
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) evidenced by a background in preparing comprehensive reports and executive summaries incorporating complex, technical information.
- Ability to conduct effective and skilled interviews, using sensitivity and good judgment in dealing with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated computer competency proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional systems, web content management, and utilization of technology for data collection, reporting, and analysis.
- Ability to interpret regulations and translate to policies and procedures.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills.
- This position is deemed as Campus Security Authority (CSA) under the Jeanne Clery Act.
- This position is deemed a Mandatory Reporter by University policy.
- Requires valid California driver's license. Must maintain a "satisfactory" driving record as evidenced by DMV.
$64,480.00 - $83,600.00 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Loyola Marymount University, a Carnegie classified R2 institution in the mainstream of American Catholic higher education, seeks outstanding applicants who value its mission and share its commitment to inclusive excellence, the education of the whole person, and the building of a just society. LMU is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment as defined by federal, state and local law. We invite all persons in the full diversity of their being, life experience, and beliefs to apply. (Visit www.lmu.edu for more information.)